I was at my rock bottom at the age of 35 years old with three children, an impending divorce and weighing in at 200lbs. It was the heaviest I’ve ever been and felt in my life. I was seriously depressed, lost and just going through the motions in life. I didn’t like how I looked. I didn’t like how my clothes fit. I avoided the scale like it was the plague. One day, I looked at my kids and thought, “What are they learning from me?” I knew I needed to be an example for my kids so they could grow up with a healthy attitude towards their bodies, health and nutrition. I started out with small goals and prepared a vision board to help me stay focused. I found a trainer who had more confidence in me than I had in myself and taught me so much about healthy eating and having the right amounts of proteins, carbs and veggies. I had to completely change my lifestyle because when you grow up with Coke, twinkies and fried everything, it becomes your norm. I ended up losing 65 pounds!
Click the link below to learn more about her story:
Tips to Upgrade your life:
- Realize that you must change your thoughts first and then your feelings and actions will follow.
- Search for the things that you have felt guilty for, angry about, fearful of and let them surface so that you can forgive yourself and those involved.
- Love yourself into wellness by making better choices and erasing negative habits.
- Surround yourself with people who support your life changing decisions.
- Help others when you are feeling down, it raises your mood and makes you feel valued.
- Mentally see, or visualize better circumstances and maintain focus on your desires no matter what anyone else thinks or says.